When you are caring for someone, its hard to find the time to cook up tasty for yourself….and this prawn laksa recipe makes a super speedy and satisfying alternative to beans on toast!
COOKING TIME: 15 MINS
• 1 red chilli, finely sliced
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 vegetable stock cube
• 2 ½ tbsp Thai red curry paste
• 400ml can coconut milk
• 2 tsp fish sauce
• 100g rice noodles
• 2 limes
• 150g cooked king prawns
• ½ small pack coriander, roughly chopped
1. Heat up the oil in a medium saucepan and then add the chilli. After cooking for 1 minute, add the curry paste. Stir in well and cook for 1 min further. Then dissolve the stock cube in boiling water in a large jug (700ml), then pour the liquid into the pan, stirring to combine. Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
2. Add the fish sauce with a little seasoning. Add the noodles and cook for a further 3-4 mins until soft. Squeeze in juice from the lime – then lastly add the prawns cooking thoroughly until warm (approx. 2-3 mins.) Roughly chop the coridander and sprinkle on top for garnish. Serve in bowls.